Spring Garlic Pancakes
Yield: Makes 4 pancakes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup warm water
Vegetable oil or peanut oil
1 cup chopped spring garlic
Ingredients for the Dipping Sauce
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
- Make the dipping sauce by whisking together all the ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- To make the pancakes, add the flour to a large mixing bowl and slowly stir in the warm water to form the dough. Transfer to a floured board and knead three or four times.
- Using a knife, cut the dough ball into four even pieces.
- Take one ball of dough and, using a rolling pin, begin to roll into a circle. Sprinkle the spring garlic over the dough and fold it into itself three or four times, until there is spring garlic evenly placed throughout the dough ball. Roll out again into a circle about 8 inches in diameter. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. While it’s heating, brush the pancakes on each side with oil. Sprinkle each side with a pinch of salt.
- Fry in the pan for 2-3 minutes, or until it turns golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook for another 2-3 minutes, being careful not to burn it.
- Repeat with remaining pancakes. Transfer to cutting board and cut into wedges.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Credits to www.athoughtforfood.net