Announcing a new product available from Persephone beginning in December, 2014 - Stewing hens, raised on organic pasture and fed organically their entire lives. They are processed in a licensed facility and delivered to market frozen. They weigh 2.5 - 4 lbs. each. These hens were 21 months old at the time of processing and require several hours of stewing to soften up. They are not as tender as roasters (which are commonly killed at six weeks old). However, they are much more flavorful and nutrient-rich than roasters. They are preferred for a much more flavorful stock.
We sell stewing hens for $20.00/hen but if you order 10 or more they are $15.00 each. Pre-order at market (see below for more details), or at 541-451-5640, 8 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Portland Farmers Market at Portland State University (PSU)
- Open year-round. Persephone will be at the PSU market the following days: January 14, January 21, February 4, February 18 from 9AM to 2PM. Every Saturday in March and April from 8:30AM to 2PM.
- Location: The Saturday Market is located at Portland State University in the South Park Blocks between SW Hall & SW Montgomery. A close street address to this market is 1717 SW Park Avenue.
- Hollywood Market
- Persephone will be at the Hollywood market the following days: January 21, February 4, February 18, March 4 and March 18 from 9AM to 1PM.
- Location: NE Hancock between 44th and 45th avenues.
- Salem Saturday Market
- Dates: Every Saturday, April 1 through October 28, 2017
Times: 9:00am - 3:00pm
Location: State parking lot at the corner of Summer St. and Marion St.
- Salem Winter Produce Pick-Up
- Dates and times vary. Email email@example.com to join the mailing list.
Our thanks for their amazing commitment to seasonal and local produce.
Open Monday-Friday 4pm – 2:30am, Saturday-Sunday 10am – 2:30am
4057 North Mississippi Ave, Portland
Open Wednesday–Saturday, 6pm & 8:45pm, Sunday, 7pm, Brunch - Sunday, 10am & 12pm
5425 NE 30th Ave, Portland
Dinner Wednesday through Sunday, 5 - 10PM
3131 SE 12th Ave
Reservations Recommended: 503-236-6761
Thur: 11:30am - 8pm | Friday & Sat: 11:30pm - 8:30pm | Sunday: 11:30am - 7:30pm
1477 NE Alberta St
*Interested in sourcing produce for your restaurant or business from Persephone Farm? Please call 541-451-5640 Monday through Saturday, between the hours of
8 am - 8 pm for availability or email us at eatwell@PersephoneFarmOregon.com
Organically Grown Company - For 30 years we have worked with OGC's dedicated staff to bring the best organic produce to Pacific Northwest stores and restaurants. We salute their commitment to creating a sustainable culture that respects growers, workers, and customers alike, while looking to the needs of future generations.
It's Alive! Cultured & Living Foods - Eric Christiansen transforms our cabbage into a living sauerkraut available at many Portland groceries.